Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Our first excursion

Our first week back at school went well.  I am playing with the routine a bit to see what works best for us.  I'm sure it will all come together in the next few weeks.

Through our work as distributors with HomeCARE we have met a number of lovely people in our area.  One gentleman, Mr Barber, owns a Hypsilurus spinipes (Southern Angle-Headed Dragon).  He graciously allowed us to bring all our young tribe into his home to meet it.

Mr. Barber sharing information

Elijah

Jeremiah

Bethany wasn't too keen on holding it, but Naomi did very well

Enjoying one of Mr. Barber's reptile books

Can you find it?

Our new friend

I had planned on having worksheets and a little study about reptiles etc, but I still haven't managed to get it together.  Hopefully the children will remember when I get it all ready - probably not until next week.  The photos will certainly jog their memories, and we will take a trip to the library to find a book.  I must get more organised!

As an aside, here are the dedication photos I promised:

Pastor Miranda speaking...and Mama trying to keep the children together ;)

Praying for Elijah

Praying for Jeremiah

Praying for Bethany

Praying for Naomi

Praying for Abigail

But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. ~ Joshua 24:15b

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful!!! What a special time for you all. Love the photos of the sweet little dragon as well - my kids would love to meet one of them! xo

    ReplyDelete