Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Technology. It's a love/hate thing...

These last few days have been a bit of a blur.  Is it hectic everywhere or just here?

On Friday we took a trip to Geelong (approx. 2 - 2.5 hours drive from here) as Michael had a meeting to attend in regards to an experiment he is taking part in through the university.  As he didn't want to go alone, and would not lose much study time if I drove, the whole family went.  We ended up leaving later than expected and as a result arrived late for the meeting.  Thankfully, the person he was meeting was very gracious.

After the meeting we continued on to Drysdale to have dinner with some dear friends of ours.  It was so good to see them again!  We had a wonderful time catching up.  I did take the camera along to get some photos as it is not often that we can get together, but the batteries died and I couldn't take any.  :(  It was a very late night for us, arriving home in the early hours of the morning.

Saturday morning was slow going.  Abi woke at 6 and after feeding her I went back to bed.  Everyone slept until 9am.  Michael needed to continue working on his assignments, so I decided to take the children out to the Botanic Gardens.  It was lovely to get outside (although it was windy!) and spend time in some beautiful surroundings.  Here are a few pics:










I just love this photo.  These two have such a beautiful relationship.

So, you may be asking, what has all this to do with technology?

Well, I had a minor melt-down yesterday when I discovered I had lost EVERYTHING I have downloaded in regards to homeschooling – all my ebooks, lesson plans, unit studies, lapbook bits and pieces – everything I have been working on to get a good plan in place for more effecient schooling (particularly for next year when the oldest turns 7). As well as much of the household planning that was stored on the same device. *sigh*  There is an important lesson here people.  DON'T TRUST TECHNOLOGY!  HAVE A BACK-UP OR PRINTED COPY!

Nothing like a fresh start, hey?

Only by His grace,
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment