Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A note for my husband

Dear Michael,


The Amplified Bible puts 1 Thess. 5:18a this way:

Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks]

Right now, even though our circumstances are much less than perfect, I give thanks to God for you.  You have been a light in the darkness over the last few weeks.  You have put aside your own important tasks to take over mine, so that I could rest.  You have struggled through your own health difficulties, so I could better cope with mine.  You have cared for me, the children and the house without complaint.  Yes, I am so thankful for you!  I can only hope and pray that if the tables were turned I could serve you half as well as you have served me.


I am sorry I was unable to pull out all the stops for you today, but I pray you know that I love you with everything I am.  I praise God that I am able to spend my life with you by my side.


Happy Father's Day!


All my love,
~Amanda.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I feel very blessed to have been able to serve you over the last few weeks and appreciate your recognition of any efforts &/or sacrifices required in that service. Scrambled eggs on toast, and coffee, in bed is far more than I could have hoped for given the way you are, and have been, feeling. I love you so much more than words can express.

    ReplyDelete