Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

National Day of Thanksgiving


 In his official statement, Mr. Tony Abbott says, "Saying thank you is a simple act, but one often overlooked."

I think he is right. 

May 28 - this Saturday - is National Day of Thanksgiving.  Let's remember to give thanks to God, and to each other!  (And just as an aside, it is also little Naomi's 3rd birthday, as well as my Dad's birthday - but I won't mention how old he will be ;) )

Of course, saying thank you shouldn't be limited to one day a year.  I think we all ought to take a page from Madame Blueberry and learn to say thanks EVERY day!



I thank God for this day
For the sun in the sky,
For my Mom and my Dad,
For my reasons not to cry.
For my friends that all care
For His love that's everywhere
That's why I say thanks every day!

Because a thankful heart
Is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers
That's why I say thanks every day!


Only by His grace,
~Amanda.

                                                                                                            
Song taken from Madame Blueberry Learns to be Thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment