Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Our first Tot Book

Remember our Resurrection Eggs and Easter lapbooks from April last year?  I had intended to use lapbooking in our homeschool on a regular basis, but that just hasn't eventuated.  I did do an "Are You My Mother" half-size lapbook with Bethany and a "Courdory" lapbook with Jeremiah but I didn't blog about them at the time. (If you are interested, I will put them in a post for you.  Just leave a comment!)

However, I recently (re)discovered Tot Books, and since Naomi is constantly asking for 'school work' I thought these might keep her occupied enough until I can be a bit more 'formal' with her.  Carisa over at 1+1+1=1 has graciously made lots of her work available for FREE!  This Handy Manny one was found here on her site.

I printed off the sheets and cut them into sections for Naomi to colour.  Then, because I thought it was a clever idea, I laminated them all for keepsake durability before making up the book.  The only problem with this was that the lamination made everything a bit too thick for staples, and as I didn't have any rings, I had to get a little creative.  I ended up simply taping each page to the one before to create a flip style book.

Here are some photos for you:

Working happily alongside her sister at 'school'

I printed a couple of colouring pages from here for the cover

Inside:


Top left hand corner - shapes pocket

Bottom left hand corner - Name accordian book

Middle flap - colour book.  Naomi coloured each tool box the correct colour.

Right hand flap - "The Tools" book - Naomi coloured each page while learning what tool each character is.

The Tot Book is made up in a foolscap manilla folder, cut in half.  I used the other half of the folder to create a pocket on the back for any related worksheets (Carisa recommends this).  Not only is it good for storing the worksheets, it also makes the whole Tot Book a bit sturdier.

Worksheets printed from here and here.  See the maze worksheet?  I thought this might be a bit tricky for her, but she surprised me!

Naomi thoroughly enjoyed this book, even though portions of it were too easy for her.  I'm glad because it is a great way to keep her happy with 'school work'.  The only problem is, if she had her way, she'd likely make two or three of these each week!  ;)

Only by His grace,
~Amanda.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! My bug is the same, I can't give her enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete